These Are The Primary and Secondary List of Valid IDs in the Philippines


This article will provide you the list of valid IDs in the Philippines which can be used in any transaction to various government agencies and private organizations.

Please show these valid ID cards and prepare a photocopy, just in case required. It is suggested that you have at least 2 valid IDs also known as the primary ID so that you’ll no longer require presenting the secondary IDs or documents.

There are a lot of transactions that need such valid IDs. One of the perfect examples is during the new application or renewal of your passport; you need to have 2 valid IDs. Also, for several examinations such as PRC or Civil Service Exam, you have to prepare valid IDs.

Here is the list of valid IDs in the Philippines – Primary

Philippine Passport from DFA or Department of Foreign Affairs

Driver’s License from LTO or Land Transportation Office

PRC ID from PRC or Professional Regulatory Commission

SSS ID or SSS UMID Card from SSS or Social Security System

GSIS ID or GSIS UMID Card from GSIS or Government Service Insurance System

Postal ID issued 2015 onwards

OWWA ID Overseas Workers Welfare Administration or OWWA

Idole Card from Department of Labor and Employment or iDOLE

Voter’s ID or Voter’s Registration Record from Commission on Elections or COMELEC

Firearms License from Philippine National Police or PNP

Senior Citizen ID from Local Government Unit or LGU

Persons with Disabilities or PWD ID from LGU

NBI Clearance

Alien Certification of Registration or Immigrant Certificate of Registration

Phil health ID

Government Office and GOCC ID

Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID

List of Valid IDs in the Philippines – Secondary


Brgy. Certification


Senior Citizen Card

Seaman’s Book

Certification from the National Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons or NCWDP

DSWD Certification

Company IDs issued through Private Entities or Institutions registered with or supervised or regulated either through the BSP, SEC or IC

School ID

Police Clearance

Cedula or Community Tax Certificate

Government Service Record

Elem. Or High Scholl Form 137 for students

Land Title

PSA Marriage Contract

PSA Birth Certificate

Transcript of Records from University or College